Sunday, March 9, 2008

Girl Talk book!


I am really enjoying the book by the Mahaney family. The "Girl Talk" one I mentioned in an earlier blog. And wanted to share something that they have shared in their book. It was helpful for me in my time with the Lord.


This is what they shared:


While God is speaking to us through ALL of Scripture, it's helpful to have a Bible reading plan. And instead of speed reading like you would an eighth grade literature assignment, take time to listen ~ meditate ~ on the words in front of you. One simple method is to write down two sentences, one beginning with "God" and the other starting with "I." To complete you "God" sentence, ask yourself, "What do these verses reveal about God?" for your "I" sentence, you can ask two questions: "What do I learn about myself in relation to God from these verses?" and "What do I resolve to do in response to God's revelation of Himself in these verses?" Oh, and you're not limited to one "God" and "I" sentence each ~ write as many as you like!


Then spend time in prayer. Worship God for the aspects of His character that He's revealed in the verses you've just read. Thank Him for the many facets of His grace you've glimpsed in the passage. Ask for his assistance to respond in obedience to his Word. And likewise, pray for others.


I have found this helpful…and thought you might be encouraged by it to.

Have a wonderful day!


For from Him and through Him and to Him are ALL things,


Hayley


"Shopping for TIME: How to Do it all and NOT Be overwhelmed." By Carolyn Mahaney and her 3 daughters.

No comments: