Friday, March 7, 2008

Why did I start using Melaleuca products?



First, I wanted a safer and healthier alternative to keep my home and family healthy. My husband grew up having asthma...and our first son, was starting to show signs of having asthma…then came our second son, who as a very young baby developed a slight case of RSV…I knew we needed to do something about it…but didn’t really know what.

I had a bitter taste in my mouth concerning MLM businesses, because we had been in one before. I didn't realize the difference with MLM and Consumer Direct Marketing (CDM), the way Melaleuca does business. With the MLM business...It was always have this meeting, go to that meeting…taking you from the home…it wasn’t a good thing for a stay-at-home mamma. Who also homeschooled her children and was her husband’s helpmeet in the ministry. I wanted to be a “Proverb’s 31 woman,” but didn’t want a job or business to take me away from my family, no matter what financial gain it would have given. For what does Jesus say in Matthew 16:26: 26”For what shall a man be profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and forfeit his life? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his life?”[1] Or your husband & children??? (emphasis added)

So, a good friend of mine introduced us to Melaleuca. I had heard of it…and even used some of the products…because my Dad and his wife used them when I was younger. We were leery at first because of the “get-rich-quick” scheme’s we had seen before…but decided it would be best for our family, even if we did nothing to build it as a business. We have used the products now for, I believe around 7 years. I can’t believe it has been that long. Each month we just go online and purchase what we need and it is usually here by the next week.

When we moved to CA…we first lived in a house where the landlord was really hard to please. One day, one of my little ones got a hold of a permanent marker! Yikes! This house had beautiful hardwood floors, etc…THAT marker was EVERYWHERE! I didn’t know what I was going to do. I started looking at the bottle of Sol-U-Mel, it said that it could get permanent marker off. So, I went to work, put some on an old t-shirt…and what do you know…it took every black mark off everything my little bundle put it on. I had her help too!

If you are interested in products that are safe for you and your family, let me know.

love,

Hayley

[1]American Standard Version. 1995 (Mt 16:26). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melaleuca is a wellness company that provides different nutritional, cosmetic and skin care products. It is on your blog and that is why I want to comment it here. MuliVitamins, Organic Drinks, HA Formulas, Radio Ads all these things are rather popular today. People do not want to grow old and therefore take in these things. Does anybody know that they are not very useful for a human body? Check out the consumer reviews on www.pissedconsumer.com.

Anonymous said...

Hello. I find your blog very interesting. It is so hard to find a good wellness company. Melaleuca is one of them. It provides different nutritional, cosmetic and skin care products. At the present time, Melaleuca sells its products in many countries all over the world. I learned about the company on this great site www.pissedconsumer.com. I read the customers’ feedback and it turned out to be a great company featuring minor drawbacks. Personally, I can say that I am completely satisfied with Melaleuca.